- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (Singapore)
- Fellow, Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh)
- Fellow, Royal College of Surgeons (Ireland)
- Fellow, Academy of Medicine (Singapore)
- Fellow, International College of Surgeons
- International Fellow, American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head-Neck Surgery
- Diploma in Otology & Laryngology, Royal College of Surgeons (England)
- Graduate Diploma in Acupuncture (Singapore)
- Member, Georges Portmann Institute (France)
- Member, Tinnitus Retraining Therapy Association (USA)
- Member, European Academy of Otology & Neurotology
- Member, Society of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery Singapore
- Member, Singapore Medical Association
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS & AFFILIATIONS
Dr Eng graduated from the National University of Singapore in 1991 and began his Basic Surgical Training from 1994. He then received his Advanced Surgical Training in Glasgow Royal Infirmary (Glasgow) and Ninewells Hospital (Dundee) in 1998 where he successfully obtained his specialist degrees and was conferred Fellowships in the Royal Colleges in Edinburgh and Ireland.
In 2004, Dr Eng was given the privilege to undergo sub-specialty training in the field of Otology & Laryngology under the national health scholarship (SingHealth Health Manpower Development Programme). He was fellowship-trained with internationally renowned experts that included Professor John Rutka and Professor Jerry Halik (University of Toronto), Professor Albert Merati (University of Wisconsin), Professor Marc Remacle (UCL de Mont Godine, Belgium), Professor Guy Lacher and Professor Didier Portmann (Portmann Institute, France).
Prior to starting his private practice in ASCENT Ear Nose Throat Specialist Group, Dr Eng served as a consultant surgeon where he helped develop the Ear & Hearing service and provided sub-specialty care in Voice and Throat management. At the same time, he maintained his interest in Children ENT management by collaborating with KK Women’s & Children’s Hospital (formerly known as Kandang Kerbau Hospital) as a Visiting Consultant. Besides management of ear- hearing and voice related disorders, Dr Eng also maintained his clinical interest in managing nose-sinus, obstructive sleep apnoea, thyroid and salivary gland as well as childhood related conditions throughout his years of surgical practice.
A strong advocate in education, Dr Eng remains committed to give educational talks to doctors as well as the public and regularly mentors students in his clinic. He was a reviewer of the Singapore Medical Journal & European ENT Journal and has published many articles and book chapters. He was also the co-director of the 4th Asia Pacific Otology Meeting and co-director of the Singapore ENT Laser Course.
On the humanitarian front, Dr Eng is the founding member of IMPACT Contact Singapore (since 2002) — and has led medical missions to provide ear surgeries in countries such as Nepal, Cambodia and Bangladesh.