Common Reasons For Children’s ENT Conditions
Common Children’s ENT Assessment and Treatment Options
- Hearing test (Audiogram and tympanogram)
- Nasendoscopy (examination of nose, throat and voice box)
- Gentle removal of ear wax under microscope guidance
- Removal of foreign objects in the ear, nose and throat
- Tonsillectomy (removal of tonsils)
- Adenoidectomy (removal of adenoids)
- Myringotomy and grommet tube insertion (drain fluid in the middle ear)
For Singaporeans & Singapore Permanent Residents
Insurance & Medisave Partners
Certain ENT procedures are claimable under Medisave, and the exact amount would depend on the procedure. For more information, please speak to our friendly clinic staff about using your insurance plan, Integrated Shield Plan, or Medisave.
When Should You See An ENT Specialist In Singapore??
Any Ear, Nose or Throat symptoms that you are troubled with or concerned of
Persistent blocked nose with mouth breathing or snoring
Our Main Clinic
Feel free to drop by our clinic and meet our specialist
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre 3 Mount Elizabeth #09-03, Singapore 228510
Other Practice Locations
Frequently Asked Questions
Are children's ENT conditions serious? When should I visit a doctor?
Although most ear, nose and throat conditions are typically not a significant cause for concern, you should seek immediate medical attention if the symptoms worsen or last longer than expected. A children’s ENT specialist can determine the cause of the condition and find out any underlying problems.
It is best to consult a specialist if you are uncertain about your child’s symptoms or conditions.
What increases the risks of children's ENT conditions?
- Exposure to second-hand smoking
- Cold and flu viruses
- Poor hygiene and dirty environment
- Frequent nose or ear digging
How to prevent children’s ENT conditions?
- Limit the use of pacifiers
- Breastfeed your child, especially during the first 6 to 12 months
- Emphasise good hygiene habits
- Keep your child away from second-hand smoking
- Avoid excessive digging of ears